Please note the following:
- All jewellery must be removed at home on PE days, primarily for safety reasons as well as to prevent jewellery from being mislaid.
- Pupils with newly pierced ears will need to supply and bring tape to cover the ears for 4 to 6 weeks.
For winter games children can wear:
- Dark blue/black jogging bottoms and a dark blue/black/red jumper.
- Plain black shorts.
- Long black football socks.
- Shin pads, for football.
- Football boots - these are essential if your child is representing the school or attending a football/rugby after school club. Football boots can be worn at the parent's discretion for PE lessons.
Your child will need (in a named bag):
- A pair of plain black shorts.
- Trainers for outside PE (plimsolls will be acceptable for some weathers).
- A round neck t-shirt which can either be plain white or in your child's house team colour which are as follows: Weir - green
Farrah - blue
Simmonds - yellow
Ennis - red
Please see below for guidance on our Summer and Winter PE uniform expectations.
Here is some advice on how to best help your child succeed in PE:
- Clearly label all PE kit -this helps us and your child, as well as helping you to avoid having to replace lost PE kit.
- Regularly check that the kit fits -children have huge growth spurts, a kit that fits well helps keep them comfortable and safe.
- Ensure they have warm clothing during the Winter months -unless it is snowing or heavily raining, we go outside for many PE lessons.
- Encourage and support with extra-curricular clubs -as well as keeping children fit and healthy, clubs help them develop new skills, independence, confidence and social skills.
- Do not hesitate to contact the PE department if you have any questions -we want to work with our parents to help pupils make the most of their PE lessons.